Shalom Bogrei Machon,
We have decided to send out an email newsletter once in a while to inform you of happenings, reunions and even mini-reunions wherever or whenever they occur. We will try to include excerpts from Facebook and other forms of media; photographs and videos, all of which will also appear in the “News” section of our web sitewww.bogreimachon.org.il
Please forward this Igeret to others who were on the Machon who have not received it.
On Thursday 20th February a committee meeting of the Association of Graduates of the Institute for Youth Leaders from Abroad and their Friends (“Irgun Bogrei HaMachon LeMadrichei Chul VeYedidav”) was held at the Machon, Kiriyat Moriah. Attending were Emanuel Gerstner, Ralph Phillips, Yehuda Guy, Shlomo Liberman, Donna Goldberg and Ran Afek. Apologies were received from Mario Lev and Danny Hakim who could not attend.
On the agenda:
- Appeal for younger blood to join the committee.
- Annual financial report which will be brought before the Financial Committee to be approved by the annual general assembly to be held in March.
- Discussion on the feasibility of a national event on the 70th anniversary of the Machon in 2016.
After the formal committee meeting
was concluded, members met with the new director of the Machon – Sarah Mali
Subjects discussed were:
- Possible fields of cooperation between the today’s Machon and its graduates.
- The expansion of the web site to make it dynamic and interesting for those of recent machzorim as well as for those at present studying at the Machon.
- The formation of a body that would support and even finance special projects for the Machon and at times to sponsor potential students who could not otherwise attend the program.
In February a new Latin-American machzor - Machzor 127 am-lat, started at the Machon in Kiriyat Moriah. It numbered 186 participants. They are very prominent in Faceook and have already had a ‘gibush” (team spirit introduction), and a ‘Genesis’ encounter in the desert.
There is also an English speaking Machzor 127. They number 53 – more details to follow.
At the other end of the time line Batya Bauman of Machzor 8 sent us some photos. Machzor Het was in 1951 (!) and up until now there were no photographs in their Gallery, so a big thanks to Batya. The photographs can be seen in the Machzor 8 Gallery – click here.
Enter the Bogrei Machon web site www.bogreimachon.org.il and update your profile in “Find your Machzor” (your username and password will be sent to you if you click on "Forgot my Password” and enter you email address).